Earlier in the week we were advised of a positive Coronavirus case in one of our admin staff bubbles.
All staff identified as a close or proximity contact were notified about the need to self-isolate, however this has left us with a reduced workforce. The member of staff is well and our bubble system proved effective.
Unfortunately due to further staff members having to isolate with school children and other illnesses among an already depleted and exhausted surgery team, we are working with a dramatically reduced workforce.
We would ask for your patience during this very difficult time, staff are dealing with your queries as quickly and efficiently as they can, however if you do decide to contact the surgery by telephone then you will likely have a long wait to speak to a member of the team.
If you do have a routine issue then please access the surgery website and complete an e-Consult, if this is completed before 1pm you will receive a response same day, this will ease the pressure on the phone lines and allow those patients with urgent medical needs to get through.
Once again thank you for your understanding and patience.
Prescription ordering telephone line
Due to unprecedented demand and an inability to adequately staff the prescription request line, we will, with immediate effect only be taking telephone requests between 10am and 1pm for the following groups of patients
- under 10 year olds
- over 65 year olds
- those patients recorded as being severely frail
- those patients recorded as having a learning difficulty
- those patients on the palliative care register
- those patients recorded as having dementia
- those patients that are housebound
For information on ways to request your medication if you do not fall into one of these categories please visit PRESCRIPTIONS
Please find below details of our flu clinics. In order to keep staff and patients safe and to maintain the surgery as a COVID-SAFE environment we will not be holding the clinics at the main site on Linthorpe Road. We will be holding clinics in the following locations:-
Linthorpe Surgery at North Ormesby, 1 Trinity Mews, North Ormesby Health Village, Middlesbrough TS3 6HA
St Marys Chruch Hall, Morton Carr Lane, Nunthorpe TS7 0JU
St Barnabas Church Hall, St Barnabas Road, Linthorpe TS5 6JR
Details of the dates and times of these clinics can be found below.
Please remember to wear a mask, do not attend if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of a new continuous cough, temperature or change/loss of sense of smell or taste.
Flu clinics dates and times
Stay at home guidance for households
Please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
We appreciate your patience and understanding at this difficult time.
We understand that everybody has had to make significant changes to the way they live and work.
- Until further notice, ALL initial appointments with the GP or Clinical Practitioner will be carried out by telephone.
- You can still book a routine appointment but please DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. Please PHONE FIRST and speak with a member of the care navigation team.
- If the GP or Clinical Practitioner then feels you need a face-to-face assessment, this will be booked during your telephone appointment.
- Some appointments will still need to be carried out by a face-to-face appointment. However, please PHONE FIRST to book one of these appointments and do not attend the surgery without a confirmed appointment.
Face-to-face appointments will include:
- Blood tests
- Wound dressings
- Cervical Screening
- Face-to-face appointments that the GP or Clinical Practitioner decides AFTER speaking with you on the phone
Keep in touch
Remember to keep in touch and follow us on Twitter @drslinthorpe and find us on Facebook Linthorpe Surgery.