Appointments: REMEMBER, please 'Phone First'
Due to COVID-19 and until further notice, ALL initial appointments with the GP or Clinical Practitioner will be carried out by telephone.
DO NOT attend the surgery without a confirmed appointment otherwise you will not be permitted to enter.
- You can still book a routine telephone appointment but please DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. Please PHONE FIRST and speak with a member of the care navigation team.
- To help us give you the best advice and put you in touch with the clinician who can help you, the care navigator will need to ask a few questions to understand the nature of the problem. This is to allow the doctor to prioritise the calls so that patients in severe pain or with a sick child are prioritised over a routine problem. If the problem is assessed as being urgent, then the care navigator is able to arrange a same-day telephone appointment with the on-call GP.
- The on-call GP is very busy and if you feel the problem could wait a few days, then please explain this to the care navigator and we will do our best to make a telephone appointment with a GP as soon as we can.
Some appointments will still need to be carried out by a face-to-face appointment. However, please PHONE FIRST to book one of these appointments and do not attend the surgery without a confirmed appointment.
Face-to-face appointments will include:
- Blood tests
- Wound dressings
- Cervical Screening
- Face-to-face appointments that the GP or Clinical Practitioner decides AFTER speaking with you on the phone
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. Appointments can be cancelled by leaving a message on the surgery answer machine or online via the website.
If you do not attend for a routine appointment and do not contact the surgery, you will be sent a letter explaining that a further occurrence will result in removal from the practice list.
- smarter healthcare communications
Stay in touch with us!
- Free, quick & simple to reply
- Instant notification
- Improves access to the practice
- Saves you time
Follow the link below for more information.
Extended access to a GP
If you need to see or speak to a GP on a bank holiday, over the weekend or between the hours of 6pm and 8am Monday to Friday, then please ring NHS 111 who will help you to access our STAR - Local extended GP hours service. To learn more about our STAR service please access the following link.
You can now book an out of hours appointment directly by following the link below.
Book an out of hours appointment online