Important announcement due to COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly reduced the number of administration, clinical staff and GPs that we have available to work. In order to work safely and offer sufficient support to staff we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our branch surgery at North Ormesby. This is a temporary measure and the surgery will be re-opened as soon as sufficient staffing levels are reached.
Please read the information below on how you can still access services with the surgery.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT DUE TO COVID-19
Please DO NOT attend the GP surgery without a confirmed appointment
All GP practices across the UK are operating a telephone triage system.
We're calling it 'Phone First'
The vast majority of appointments will be carried out over the telephone first of all.
You will still be able to arrange a 'routine appointment' - but this will take place by phone first of all.
FLU CLINICS 2020: Due to the Covid 19 pandemic we will be running flu clinics differently this year. The practice has joined with the other member practices of the Holgate Primary Care Network to run joint clinics. Clinics will be running for 6 weeks from the 21st of September, across three venues in North Ormesby, Nunthorpe and Linthorpe – NOT AT THE PRACTICE. You will be asked to attend specific clinic locations and dates dependant on postcode, age and risk group. Clinics will consist of pre booked appointments and walk in.
More details will follow on our website, text services and over the phone.
Please be patient with us and help us to safely vaccinate everyone against flu this season. Venues will be completely safe - there is no need to go anywhere else for your flu vaccination. pt communication update
YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE PRACTICE without a confirmed appointment.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
You will NOT BE ABLE TO COLLECT the following items from reception:
1. Paper prescriptions
- ALL prescriptions will be sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice.
- If you have not nominated a pharmacy, then please see our PRESCRIPTION page for more information
- The quickest way to nominate a pharmacy is TO CONTACT THE PHARMACY directly and they will ensure your records are updated
- Please do not not contact the surgery to nominate a pharmacy and contact the pharmacy directly instead
2. Medical Certificates (Med 3) / Fit-notes / 'Sick-notes'
- Please see our Services page for more information
- ALL letters will be emailed or posted to you (if requested and a stamp-addressed enveloped provided)
Dropping off samples, prescription requests or any other information
We will be be providing a facility at the front door of each surgery to enable you to drop off forms, letters, or any other information you want to pass on to the surgery. Please label all correspondence clearly with your name, address and date of birth.
We will be providing a secure facility at the front door to allow you to drop off a sample that the GP has requested (e.g. urine sample).
- You will no longer be able to come and collect the Medical Certificate (Med 3 / Fit-note / 'Sick-note') from the surgery
- Please PHONE FIRST and speak to a care navigator or complete an on-line E-CONSULT FORM
- ALL FIT-NOTES WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU
- If you do not have an email address, then alternatively you can provide a stamped addressed envelope and post this with your request IN THE SURGERY POSTBOX OUTSIDE. Please DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING
- For advice regarding self-certification due to self-isolation or COVID-19 infection, please see
- For more information please see:
(Site updated 04/09/2020)