NHS Summary Care Record with additional information
If you are registered with a GP in England you will have a Summary Care Record (SCR), unless you have previously chosen not to have one. It includes important information about your health:
- Medicines you are taking
- Allergies you suffer from
- Any bad reactions to medicines
You may need to be treated by health and care professionals that do not know your medical history. Essential details about your healthcare can be difficult to remember particularly when you are unwell or have complex care needs. Having an SCR means that when you need healthcare you can be helped to recall vital information.
SCRs can help staff involved in your care make better and safer decisions about how best to treat you.
You can choose to have additional information included in your SCR, which can enhance the care you receive. This information includes:
- Your illnesses and health problems
- Operations and vaccinations you have had in the past
- How you would like to be treated – such as where you would prefer to receive care
- What support you might need
- Who should be contacted for more information about you
What to do next
If you would like this information adding to your SCR (or the SCR of someone you are a carer for), then please print and complete the form below, and return to the surgery.
SCR with additional information form
If you require any more information, please visit NHS Digital or contact them on 0300 303 5678.